Friday, February 29, 2008

#70 I'm... Back.

It strikes me how easily my words can crush hope and shatter impressions.

And how the same words take so much effort to build one person up.

I guess that's one of the biggest reason why I tend not to like speak to much.

Never know when someone's going to take harmless words for poison.

The Battlestations forums make the point crystal clear.

For the second (or third) day in a row we've had forum-wide flame-baiting, flaming, mud-slinging and admin-bashing. All over someone's frayed nerves from overwork and habitual board trolling.

And as always people take sides.

Some of us hid in the dubious thread that marked a certain Love Shack, exchanging virtual cocktails and my (prototype) Milo Dinosaur & Godzilla which seemed to have the unintended side effect of being an extremely powerful virtual laxative.

And then there was the virtual godmother that I just made and my being tagged as a toyboy for one (I shall quote) "Famous for being Infamous" personality.

I still don't fully get the title of toyboy but my brother says it's gay to get involved in shady happenings in the certain Love Shack.

To me I find it pure fun and laughter, and at least there's peace there. For a few hours we stared out the windows of the Love Shack watching the flaming going all around thanking the Developers for leaving the Love Shack as one of the few oases we had to avoid the destruction brewing outside.

And then frayed nerves gave way to exuberant naivete as people pushed the e-blame all around, each making senseless excuses for senseless behaviours.

Maybe *hugs* and *kisses* aren't the fare of new-generation tough guys and online ah bengs. But I'd take that, and being a toyboy anytime over getting cursed and sworn and insulted with impunity.

Come on, say <3. Now that's a good boy.

P.S. My Real Life Class Reunion Chalet was way more of a blast than the online bashing.

You go Devs, all the way!

P.P.S. And because I can get away with it here. Ken. Is. My. Brother.

No comments: