Thursday, December 27, 2007

#23 After All The (Perceived) Magical Atmosphere & Glitter

I'm back to Earth. Seriously.

And once again I'm at a loss of meaningful words. Could just be the alcohol still in my system, or a chronic thing.

I'm finding myself being more and more affected by what is said around me, try as I might to encourage others.

Honestly, I'm feeling the pinch. The pinch of needing more teachings, more impartation and less empty talk. No one can go on an empty tank. No one should go on an empty tank.

Had a nice talk with Jeff yesterday; we went over to Stephen's chalet; he invited us. It's a pity I could only attend so late; nevertheless I had a fun and rewarding experience; me getting to know Stephen's cousin Derrick and having him share his life story (part of it) in 2 hours of solid heart-to-heart talk as well as hearing from Jeff the Christmas miracle that has forever changed his perspectives. And seeing a different side of Stephen, one of the caring older cousin.

The happenings made me look around myself and try to forsee what comes next if everything is kept status quo. The sight I saw didn't excite me.

Why? Because I didn't see:
Courage
Unity
Impartation
Faith
Humility
Trust
Love
Hope

I saw:
Gossip
Cliques
Self-given direction
Dependence
Opinionated decision-making
Responsibility-driven goals

Nothing of which reminded me remotely of God's love.

And I'm looking at the friends around me who care and I'm thinking. What in the world is wrong with us?

I can't go on with this masquerade. We turn back to Him, or we slide into oblivion. There is no third choice.

No comments: