Tuesday, July 1, 2008

#100 I Have This Urge To Blame Myself

For a silly little thing, posting this last post:

I don't want to admit it, but I can feel her going somewhere I can't go just yet.

It's 6.45am and I've just reached home.

Grandma's in NUH, waiting for a bed to be available. In the meantime she'll be well taken care of by trained, professional staff in the temporary ward.

She's got low sodium in her blood but that's all we know for now, and that's not yet proven to be the problem.

I'll recap a little:

Yesterday:

9am, I woke to a "hangover" because of a combination of the lack of sleep the previous day, stress and a whole lot of tears. I went back to sleep.

12pm, finally got up and gave grandma her inflammation medicine, then went to do the laundry.

Grandma takes her regular (not inflammation) medicine and inhaler. She then proceeds to the toilet. This scenario repeats unending.

5.15pm, I leave house.

11pm, I arrive home and go online. Grandma's upstairs still taking her regular medicine and inhaler, before going to the toilet.

1am, after some clumsy attempts by me to get her to stop the routine and sleep, my dad gets home. We bring her to the hospital.

And now, I don't feel like sleeping just yet.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Hi Windez, how have u been? Hope u r still coping with life well. Well, i believe prayers do help and God wants to intervene in ur grandma's situation.

Do keep in touch too dude!!